HOME SCHOOL AGREEMENT
Our school endeavours to help each child establish a solid foundation of Christian values, knowledge and understanding upon which all future learning can be built. Children learn best by being actively involved in a happy school community, and we strive to achieve this. To this end our vision is:
Inspiring our children to learn in a happy, safe and creative environment based on Christian Values, enabling them to fulfil their unique potention; to be the Best Me They Can Be.
As we achieve this aim, our young people will:
- Be successful independent learners
- Have the skills and understanding to develop nurturing relationships
- Achieve highly and make good progress
Partnership and Connections
We place great value on the happy and successful partnership between home and school. Educating your child is a shared responsibility and we hope that the whole family will become involved with our school community.
The School's responsibilities
We will endeavour to:
- Provide a caring atmosphere where children can learn while feeling confident and secure.
- Teach effectively, providing a broad and balanced curriculum where children are encouraged to do their best and chieve high standards of work and responsibility.
- Value the talents of each child, treating everyone fairly and consistently.
- Facilitate smooth transitions through the school and on to Secondary School.
- Be open and welcoming to parents
- Keep parents well informed through regular newsletters, meetings with individual teachers and the school website.
- Share with parents appropriate learning stepping stones for each child, and talk through any problems or concerns about his or her progress.
I/we will endeavour to:
- Take an active interest in my child's learning and progress at school.
- Encourage learning at home which supports that in school.
- Support the aims and values of the school through helpng my child to develop self discipline and take responsibility for their actions.
- Ensure that my child come to school throughout the term and on time, ready for learning.
- Share with the school any problems or concerns about my child.
- Attend meetings to discuss any child's progress.
I will endeavour to:
- Do my best in learning, play and behaviour
- Listen to what others say and try to make the best learning and behaviour choices
- Take responsibility for my own actions
- Be polite and considerate to others
- Care for the school environment and resources given to support my learning
- Be a good ambassador for the school
- Share my worries with someone at school who can help.